Re: [TowerTalk] AM Broadcast Harmonic Interference to 75 Meters

To: "'Earl Morse'" <n8ss2014@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AM Broadcast Harmonic Interference to 75 Meters
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 14:49:23 -0600
I had a similar problem with a Kenwood TS430. It has lots of relays in the
front end to change filters etc.
Sometimes just hitting the transmit button momentarily would make the
products go away, other times not.
It ended up that there were bad contacts on some of the relay where mixing
would take place.

Look for marginal connections in the antenna circuit. Connectors, relays
antenna and other things close by that could re radiate the signals.

73
Gary  K4FMX