Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Cabling Query

To: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Cabling Query
From: W7TMT - Patrick <W7TMT@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 15:55:04 +0000
This basic concept is used to power anchor windlasses on mid-sized boats. The
windlass motors draw 100-200 amps. A dedicated battery is mounted close to the
windlass motor and its control solenoid. This allows a small diameter 10/12 (or
whatever)  gauge run from the boats charging system to that battery instead of
2/0 cables, or larger, the length of the boat to directly power the windlass. A
lot less copper.

73
Patrick, W7TMT