Re: [TowerTalk] Need advice climbing small tower

To: Michael Murphy <mike@ki8r.com>, "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need advice climbing small tower
From: Don Rasmussen via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 19:03:26 +0000 (UTC)
The tower is a Universal 4-30

https://9eb0620e-668c-42b3-976b-ab2c46b32be7.filesusr.com/ugd/376c20_8bc492f5edcc4ffe8e6fcba94e3aca7a.pdf

https://www.texastowers.com/4-30.htm

Problem is the tower narrows from 13 inches at the bottom to 10 inches at the
top section.

At 10 inches feet feel like they are duct taped together and not much width at
the top tower section either to stabilize laterally. With the diagonal cross
bars there is no room for feet except sharing the same horizontal cross bar.

Appreciate all the comments so we can hash this out and get er done (without
breaking my neck).

de Wb8yqj Don

On Sunday, April 11, 2021, 11:34:06 AM PDT, Richard (Rick) Karlquist
<richard@karlquist.com> wrote:

On 4/11/2021 11:08 AM, Michael Murphy wrote:
> Looks like Rohn 20.  You can always put one foot on one side of the
> triangle and one on another.  That would give you a little more room.
>
> - Mike - KI8R

The original post said it was aluminum.  That rules out Rohn.

Rick N6RK