Re: [TowerTalk] OCFD: Should I be able to do better?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OCFD: Should I be able to do better?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 10:33:41 -0700
Off-center-fed antennas are a really bad idea for today's world. They are a sitting duck for all of the noise surrounding us, and, by design, they cannot be choked to suppress that noise. Further, from what I've seen on their website, and from one of their products that I measured, Balun Designs does not have a clue about building effective chokes, nor did the unit I measured come close to their published data for it.

Stick with RESONANT antennas fed with coax and chokes from my website (I don't sell anything, you build them at a fraction of the cost).

73, Jim K9YC