Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slippage

To: "'David Gilbert'" <ab7echo@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slippage
From: "Les Brown" <lesbrown@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 12:55:54 -0400
Hi Dave,
   It's not the torsional twist on the mast. I was up the tower when the wind
was blowing and saw the small movement back and forth on the rotator plate
itself. Since this noise started after replacing the clamshell mast clamp with
the more rigid K7NV tubular mast clamp, I'm beginning to wonder if the slight
movement in the rotator was always there due to gear play and maybe the sound
is due to an ever so slight misalignment of the rotator off center causing the
gears to make a kind of binding sound when they start to move. Perhaps the old
clamshell clamp had more flex so as not to apply as much twisting pressure on
the gears. It's just a thought.
73, Les