Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex rigid base

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex rigid base
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 10:17:31 -0800
I assume it was hot dip galvanized so you could have that redone at any galvanizer - best way to go.

Otherwise wire brush by power and hand off the surface rust, dirt etc and paint with Rustoleum rattle bottle Rusty Metal brown primer then grey primer (so you can see the coverage) then 2 costs of whatever color you like. That will last about as long as the HDG.

I have this Rustoleum and process on tractor equipment left outside 20years w/o rust. No other big box paint comes close.