Re: [TowerTalk] DIR-DE-DIR on a 40m yagi ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIR-DE-DIR on a 40m yagi ?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 14:51:02 -0800
On 11/14/2021 2:16 PM, jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net wrote:
Question is,  can you make  BOTH parasitic elements into  Directors ?
IE:    DIR-DE-DIR.

Most of their Yagis, including the original 3-el that I have, have front panel button on the controller for Normal, Reverse, and Bi-Directional. I haven't looked at how the elements are programmed for the Bi setting. It takes maybe 5 sec to switch between them.

I mostly use Normal, occasionally Reverse to minimize spinning the rotator, and Bi when I want to work both directions (mostly, JA and SA, but occasionally to protect my frequency when working JA.

73, Jim K9YC