Re: [TowerTalk] Chokes, toroids and coax (Oh my!)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Chokes, toroids and coax (Oh my!)
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 13:08:14 -0400
Years ago I got pretty good deals on Harbor RG400 on eBay.

John KK9A

kq2m wrote:

Hi,

I am in the process of deciding on materials to use in making the new
K9YC recommended chokes (thank you Jim!) for for my yagis, 4-squares and
for EMI suppression purposes.

What I want to buy is:

31 material Toroids, I believe this would be Fair-rite part #2631803802
2.4" OD  1.4" ID rings
RG 142  Coax
RG 179  Coax
RG 400  Coax

Does anyone have any recommendations from whom I should buy these
materials?

I see the 31 material toroids for ~ $9 - 10 if I buy 25 or so

RG142, RG179, RG400 vary enormously in price - and possibly also in
quality.  I don't know one manufacturer from another.

I would appreciate any recommendations/details as to whom you would buy
from (or have bought from) and who you would avoid.

Also, what/who would you recommend for small boxes in which to house the
toroid?

Tnx & 73

Bob, KQ2M