Re: [TowerTalk] Mast clamp friction

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast clamp friction
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 22:17:10 -0500
I know that TIC uses similar tape between the brackets and the tower and maybe
on the boom bracket, Most my TIC tape has fallen off over the years. The rings
have been moved several times without replacing the tape and they have stayed
in place just fine.  As long as the tape adhesive is good outdoors and in the
hot sun, there should be some benefit to using it for added friction.  It may
be good on mast steps too?

John KK9A

Jim VE7RF wrote:

I see on amazon, this non slip tape comes in 3/4" widths, and also 1", 2",
3" and also 4" widths.  Depending on clearances,  and surface material, it
could also
be applied to TWO mating surfaces.  That definitely won't budge.

Jim  VE7RF