Re: [TowerTalk] 16om vertical and the number of radials

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 16om vertical and the number of radials
From: Ignacy Misztal <no9e@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 09:52:34 -0500
I had a roll of 2000ft 18GA enameled wire and I spread it as  radials
towards North. Complimenting current 36 radials. The impedance dropped 0.5
Ohms, indicating a failure. In the ARRL 160m contest a number of EU called,
and in pileups I seemed to be more competitive, indicating a success.

My hunch is that for verticals with ground radials, extra longer radials
improve low angle radiation more than shown by EZNEC.

Still it is a far cry from a low vertical with a single radial over salt
water.

Ignacy, NO9E