Re: [TowerTalk] Wireman W2DU Current Type Balun - Experience?

To: Richard Smith <n6kt1@sbcglobal.net>, Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wireman W2DU Current Type Balun - Experience?
From: Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 10:19:38 +0000
I bought several of them in past times.

There are 50 beads and a piece of RG142.

Everyone will tell you a different story.

As Jim commented, at present days, a choke based in toroid seems better option.
You can select the best mix for your needs, eg. 10m it could be #31 and/or #43,
then you can place one, two or any number of them, select the coax and tune the
number of turns to get max peak impedance at frequency of interest.

You can do all of that with the Toroidal Ferrite Core Inductor
Calculator<http://www.ea1ddo.es/Choques_RF.php>

73, Maximo EA1DDO