QSL Labels

Subject: QSL Labels
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 08:46:50 -0800 (PST)

> This is a "request for feature" in disguise.  I would at least like to
> send the labels to a file for improved sorting into the right label
> format.
>
> K5GN
>  ----------
> >I use a HP InkJet printer. How do I get the QSL lables to
> >print on sheets and not all down one side?
> >
> >73, Ron,
> >
> >.........KU7Y.....ARCI #8829.....Monte "Ron" Stark.....

Well, folks...  here is my thinking about this.  Actually, I haven't
thought much about QSL labels in a long time.  But, it seems I need
to decide what importance they are going to have in TR Log.

When I originally put QSL labels into POST, it was because there
wasn't really any other way of getting them done.  Today, there are
many programs available that will take my log files and generate all
sorts of things.  This includes award tracking, QSL labels and other
fun things.

I don't have the time or energy to keep up with these types of
programs in this area.  Therefore, I suggest if the minimal label
QSL label support in POST isn't what you want, that you invest
in one of these other programs (WJ2O comes to mind).

I think most of you would rather have me continue to focus on what
happens during the contest instead of diluting my time with what
happens after it.

73 Tree N6TR
Director of Strategic Planning
tree@contesting.com