QSL Labels

Subject: QSL Labels
From: WJ2O@aol.com (WJ2O@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:13:35 -0500
Hi gang,

>  > This is a "request for feature" in disguise.  I would at least like to
>  > send the labels to a file for improved sorting into the right label
>  > format.
>  >
>  > K5GN
>  >  ----------
>  > >I use a HP InkJet printer. How do I get the QSL lables to
>  > >print on sheets and not all down one side?
>  > >
>  > >73, Ron,
>  > >
>  > >.........KU7Y.....ARCI #8829.....Monte "Ron" Stark.....
>
>  Well, folks...  here is my thinking about this.  Actually, I haven't
>  thought much about QSL labels in a long time.  But, it seems I need
>  to decide what importance they are going to have in TR Log.
>
>  When I originally put QSL labels into POST, it was because there
>  wasn't really any other way of getting them done.  Today, there are
>  many programs available that will take my log files and generate all
>  sorts of things.  This includes award tracking, QSL labels and other
>  fun things.
>
>  I don't have the time or energy to keep up with these types of
>  programs in this area.  Therefore, I suggest if the minimal label
>  QSL label support in POST isn't what you want, that you invest
>  in one of these other programs (WJ2O comes to mind).
>
>  I think most of you would rather have me continue to focus on what
>  happens during the contest instead of diluting my time with what
>  happens after it.
>
>  73 Tree N6TR
>  Director of Strategic Planning
>  tree@contesting.com

I can't agree more.  Why should Tree write something that's already on the
market.  Besides my own program, I have a half dozen good competors that
import TR log files and print out your labels with a variety of options.

It's the same answer I give to my customers who ask when I'm going to add a
module for contesting.  I ain't gonna do it!

73, Dave, WJ2O