5.88

Subject: 5.88
From: smlondon@lucent.com (LondonSM)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 12:23:52 -0700
Tree,

Thanks for e-mailing 5.88.

For SS, it looks just fine - the new radio switching bit plays as advertised.

I used 5.88 with my old ARRL DX CW log, and the bandmap did some funny things.
 I had a TS-940 for Radio 1 and TS-950 for Radio 2, and the TWO RADIO option
set to FALSE.  I started up TR, used Alt-R to change over to the 950, went into
S&P mode and logged a QSO.  The bandmap showed the QSO until I started spinning
the dial - then the logged QSO totally disappeared from the bandmap.  Then I
logged another QSO  - both QSO's appeared on the bandmap until I turned the
dial - then they both vanished again.  Occassionally, the disappearing QSO's
would flash and then disappear.  I hit Alt-R and logged a QSO from the 940 - it
was fine - didn't disappear.  Then I hit Alt-R to go back to the 950, and lo
and behold, the bandmap was forever visible !  Could this be related to the
band map following-the-radio-being-tuned feature added in 5.86 ?

73,
Steve, N2IC/0
smlondon@lucent.com