TR cfg idea

Subject: TR cfg idea
From: kj4vh@iglou.com (Tim Totten, N4GN)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 10:03:29 -0500 (EST)
Greetings from Hong Kong.  I had a thought on the plane today (insert your
own punch line here).  I will be using TR from C21BH in a few days, at
least in the general QSO mode, and perhaps from one of the M/M stns
during the contest. (We're probably going to run four very inpedendent
stns--with no comm between them, everyone can use their favorite logging
program, or even paper.)  I'm sure there will be several of us using TR,
taking turns from the same stn.  I'm also sure each of us will have our
own preferences as to how the program is configured.

With that in mind, how 'bout the ability to change cfg files quickly
during op changes?  Ideally, I could sit down, type in my call, and have
the program configure itself according to N4GN.CFG or somesuch, then OH1RY
could sit down and quickly switch to using OH1RY.CFG.  I know I can
change the INPUT CONFIG FILE, but it needs to be done within the program
somehow.  I realize this is much too late to get my order in for this
trip, but maybe in time for the next one.

Thoughts?

73 de VS6/KJ4VH (they won't change my Hong Kong call until I get my FCC
paperwork in hand)

Tim Totten, N4GN  (nee KJ4VH)
     n4gn@contesting.com
       kj4vh@iglou.com