Packet problems

Subject: Packet problems
From: tbarnett@mashie.stdio.com (Tyler Barnett)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 07:41:55 -0500 (EST)
I've hooked up a COM port to my local Packetcluster with a null-modem cable.
It's really local, just across the room.  No tnc or radio involved.
When I open the packet window with CTRL-B, I can logon and so forth, but the
lines just overlay each other, and never scroll down and fill the screen.
My guess would be that Linefeeds aren't either being sent, or being stripped
off before the window display.  Has anyone ever done this?  BTW, I have
to set EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT to TRUE to get anything, which is what the manual
recommends.  Thanks, Tyler