LPT port failure?

Subject: LPT port failure?
From: ocker@chasind.com (Charlie Ocker)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 11:05:46 -0600
Greetings...

Prior to Sunday morning, I was happily using my LPT port to send cw along with
paddle interface.  Recently, in anticipation to using a SB-220 in the 'test, I
added the amp switching interface, as well.  I used a switching transistor with
a Vce of 300v.

I "test switched" the amp a few times, both from the keyboard (pressed a
function key) and from the paddles.  Worked fine.

Then, I realized that I had no way of manually switching the amp to xmit for
tuning purposes.  Couldn't find a command via on-line help that does this
(something like "\tune" or such...), so went off and devised an in-line toggle
switch to perform this function.

Well, something went.  Not sure what.  I believe it is my LPT card, and am
soliciting ideas to help in my debug effort.

When TR is running, the paddle cw sidetone continuously "di-dahs" at the
current
cw speed.  Changing cw speed changes speed of sidetone.  This occurs all the
time if the PADDLE PORT is declared in logcfg.dat.  It does not matter if the
DB25 is present on LPT or not.  And, TR "keys" the rig continuously.

Please note that THIS IS NOT A TR PROBLEM, and I realize this.  Once again I
find myself posing a query to the collected masses via an email reflector...

        Anybody have any ideas what the problem may be ?

Thanks in advance!

73,
Charlie  N9CO   ocker@chasind.com