LPT port failure?

Subject: LPT port failure?
From: w7zrc@micron.net (Rod Greene)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 96 18:33 MST
>When TR is running, the paddle cw sidetone continuously "di-dahs" at the
current
>cw speed.  Changing cw speed changes speed of sidetone.  This occurs all the
>time if the PADDLE PORT is declared in logcfg.dat.  It does not matter if the
>DB25 is present on LPT or not.

This sounds like something has shorted the LPT input (pin lines) on the card
to ground thus giving the alternating di-dahs.

>And, TR "keys" the rig continuously.

This part is probably shorted too thus keying the amp control transistor.

I have seen and experienced RF getting into the keying lines when using TR
and others. The conditions you describe sound more like a problem with the
printer port itself. Do a thorough mechanical check too since it sounds like
most of the printer port is shorted. Does the port still run your printer
okay?

>Please note that THIS IS NOT A TR PROBLEM, and I realize this.

Understood and hope you find and fix the problem easily.

        73, Rod
----- Rod Greene, w7zrc@micron.net, <>< -----