Auto-CQ Time Adjustment

Subject: Auto-CQ Time Adjustment
From: merchant@silcom.com (Steve Merchant)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 10:18:44 -0800
As a former user of the Brand "C" program, I am used to being able to input
tenths of a second adjustments to
the time interval between auto-CQ's.  I think Tree's implementation of the
Auto-CQ feature is much more
elegant than Ken's, but I'd like to request one further refinement.

I often find the one second interval too coarse when the Frequency Rustlers are
being hyperactive.  I'd like
to be able to set the interval at 2.5 seconds rather than 3 or 2, for instance.

Would it be possible to add a Control-J feature to select either 1 second or .5
second granularity in the
Auto-CQ feature?

And, of course, if I'm missing some way to achieve this already, someone please
let me know.  Lord knows Tree
has a long enough enhancement list as it is.

I used 5.88 in CQWW -- something in the browser I have to use at my client's
screws up .zip files and I
haven't had the time/energy to solve it, so I missed using 5.91.  By the sounds
of the discussion a day or two
ago, it's probably as well I didn't.

This program just keeps getting better.  We're looking forward to using it
multi-op in ARRL CW at N6RO.

73, Steve K6AW