Auto-CQ Time Adjustment

Subject: Auto-CQ Time Adjustment
From: k1am@ids.net (Jeff Bouvier)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 15:16:16 +0200
Steve Merchant wrote:

> As a former user of the Brand "C" program, I am used to being able to input
> tenths of a second adjustments to
> the time interval between auto-CQ's.  I think Tree's implementation of the
> Auto-CQ feature is much more
> elegant than Ken's, but I'd like to request one further refinement.
>
> I often find the one second interval too coarse when the Frequency Rustlers
> are being hyperactive.  I'd like
> to be able to set the interval at 2.5 seconds rather than 3 or 2, for
> instance.
>
> Would it be possible to add a Control-J feature to select either 1 second or
> .5 second granularity in the
> Auto-CQ feature?
>
> And, of course, if I'm missing some way to achieve this already, someone
> please let me know.  Lord knows Tree
> has a long enough enhancement list as it is.
>
> I used 5.88 in CQWW -- something in the browser I have to use at my client's
> screws up .zip files and I
> haven't had the time/energy to solve it, so I missed using 5.91.  By the
> sounds of the discussion a day or two
> ago, it's probably as well I didn't.
>
> This program just keeps getting better.  We're looking forward to using it
> multi-op in ARRL CW at N6RO.
>
> 73, Steve K6AW

Hi Steve,
        Funny you mention that. I was thinking the exact same thing during
the contest. I would prefer 3.5 seconds. 2.5 is too short. Remember you have
to use your RIT to tune 200 hz. each side of zero to catch the guys who S&P
with the RIT on. Many folks call 200 hz. Takes that extra second to find
them. :-) By the way, I think 4 seconds is too long. Have to keep the
vulchers from swooping onto the qrg....
        73, Jeff Bouvier K1AM  k1am@ids.net