S&P/Band Map/No Radio Question

Subject: S&P/Band Map/No Radio Question
From: drviolette@anet.bna.boeing.com (Daniel R. Violette)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 96 14:32:01 PST
     I am a TR neophyte.  Playing with it before I attempt a contest.  Here
     are the facts:

     Version 5.93
     No Radio hooked up
     No Packet hooked up
     CONTEST = CQ WW
     BAND MAP ENABLE = TRUE
     ASK FOR FREQUENCIES = TRUE

     Here is what happens, using phrases from the Manual and what I get:

     "Callsigns are entered into the band map when -
        you do a dupe check for them,
                [assume this is space bar and it asks for freq - GOOD]
        make a Search and Pounce QSO with them,
                [Never asks for freq and doesn't get in band map]<--*
        or from information received from the packet interface."
                [Haven't tried this yet]

     It is the S&P QSO that I can't enter into the Band Map.  I type in
     call hit Return, Hit Return again to accept zone.  CW is OK, but no
     Band Map entry.

     Thanks for the help,

     73,

     Dan   KI6X