A better idea???

Subject: A better idea???
From: larrytx@co.intel.com (LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:34:08 -0800 (PST)
Okay guys - I have been thinking alot about this CQ and S&P mode
stuff, and I think I have an idea that might really address the
problem, and at the same time, make TR much easier to use for people
not comfortable with the whole concept of CQ and S&P modes...

How about a special CW character you can put in a message that will
force you to either S&P or CQ mode.

So, you can be tuning the band, use F1 to call CQ, or maybe F3 to
pounce and put you in the search and pounce mode (note that the
SPACE BAR does the same thing).

The difference is now you can be in S&P mode and switch to the CQ mode
AND call CQ by pressing F1 (or whatever).

It isn't that big of a change, but it seems (on the surface) to be
easier to explain than the current methodology.  Certainly the jump
from S&P to CQ is easier than "press a few escapes, and then press F1".

Comments?

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com