[TRLog] Partial Call Question & FD comments

Subject: [TRLog] Partial Call Question & FD comments
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 15:11:29 -0500 (CDT)
>This may be a question regarding general CW contesting rather than TR
>but they are related. When I am in CQ mode and a station calls me, but I
>do not have the full call, what action is the generally preferred method.

>Does one ever send the exchange without knowing the complete call?

Yes I do.  Not being the CW op that Tree is I miss the
entire callsign more often (I am getting better) and as
a result I find it more important to maintain the rhythm
so I just enter the the few letters I copied and hit the
<enter> key.  I think it is even more important to do it
this way when you are DX because the rhythm is everything
to keeping the pile-up in order and keeping the rate up.

The same is true for ssb.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."