[TRLog] Dupes

Subject: [TRLog] Dupes
From: n7dr@lucent.com (D. R. Evans)
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:03:17 -0600
On  3 Jul 97 at 20:08, Ernesto Grueneberg wrote:

> Hello
>
> Yet another suggestion!
>
> How about changing the QSO subtotals in the program to QSO without
> dupes. So you can tell how many real qso you have (would be better
> if other line with dupes could be included) (I'm talking about the
> logging screen, not the summary sheet)

I've been nagging Tree to do this for years. I'm glad to see I'm not
the only one who thinks this makes more sense than the current
method. So far Tree has resisted all my moans, but maybe if more
people agree, and tell Tree so, he'll cry uncle on this as well.

(OTOH, I hope he doesn't cry Uncle on the "editing the log" issue. I
don't want to have to run a fancy whiz-bang multi-megabyte computer
in the shack just so he can keep the log in memory -- which he has
always said he'll have to do in order to implement this feature [or
go to binary files, and I don't want that either].)

D.R. Evans N7DR / G4AMJ                       N7DR@sff.net
                                           N7DR@lucent.com

   http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/drevans.htp