[TRLog] ASCII vs. BINary

Subject: [TRLog] ASCII vs. BINary
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:33:01 -0700 (PDT)
> A big problem for me (I'm mostly a multi-op guy) is that corrections
> don't get passed across the network. The business about making an
> a and b log for two stns, then splitting them, then combining them is
> a pain and way behind what brand C does. Among other things, your
> dupesheets, initial exchange, etc. is wrong on the non-correcting
> computer.

If you select the mode that only lets you have access to your QSOs
(so you don't see the other band's QSOs), you can edit your last 5
QSOs, and since they don't get passed around the network until they
fall off the top of the editable window, the initial exchanges
and all will be correct.

Again, since TR doesn't keep the whole log in memory, the QSOs have
been written to disk and can't be edited except by opening up the
file with an editor.

Tree