[TRLog] Windows NT and TR Log

Subject: [TRLog] Windows NT and TR Log
From: scott73@best.com (Scott Lieberman)
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 07:18:43
I bet this topic is in the archives, but all I saw there on contesting.com
was a list of downloadable files that contained numerous messages in each.
If there is a searchable way of finding stuff in this mail reflector's
archives, please let me know!

Next week, I am buying a computer for business use.  To run the specific
program I need, I have to install Windows NT, even though I probably won't
be using a network with it.  In the future, though, I MIGHT want to run
TR-Log on it.  When I buy the computer, do I need to have them make a
special 800 meg or so partition for TR and my other DOS programs, and have
them try to dig up a copy of MS-DOS to install on it   :-)  ?    Or does
Windows NT have MS-DOS built in so that you can automatically start-up in
DOS and still have TR run correctly?  (from what I have read, the major
problem with "pseudo-DOS windows" is the timing of the morse code sending).

While I am at it:   the CPU is going to be a Pentium II, not sure what
speed yet.  Has Tree fixed the problem where the CPU's were getting too
fast for the timing loops?

TIA.

  Scott Lieberman     San Jose, California       Ham Radio: W6CT