[TRLog] VR97BG problems

Subject: [TRLog] VR97BG problems
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR97BrettGraham)
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 22:54:59 +0000
I asked & N6TR replied:

>> - At one point over the weekend, during which I repeatedly quit & restarted
>> TR, it would lock up if I tried to log another contact (type in a call, hit
>> enter & the cursor would move up to the partial call window & the only way
>> out was power cycling).  I then restarted TR, quit but told it the contest
>> was over, started TR again & I could then log the contact.  This was in
>> General QSO mode, ~1000 QSOs, without changing anything other than using
>> the new release.  I am using a ~7 MB TRMASTER.DTA file, which does slow
>> this old Compaq 386 down something awful, but never have I had TR lock up
>> like this.
>
>Will look for something - no ideas yet.

Correction: the cursor moved up to the super check partial window, then it
locked up.  Last night, I also had the cursor move into the bandmap window,
then it locked up.  I also played around disabling SCP & not even loading
that big TRMASTER.DTA file - no difference.  Logging some AO-10 contacts
later, I found having the interfaced radio on kept it from locking once,
but if I tried again with it off, it wouldn't hiccup.  I also tried moving
back to 6.05, but of course RESTART.BIN is different, so that didn't help
prove anything & I soon became confused with files scattered hither & yon,
so I gave up & went to bed.

>> - Having quit & restarted TR a few times over the weekend, I was looking
>> forward to seeing BANDMAP.BIN do it's thing, but it didn't.
>
>Ooops - I fixed one bug just before the release, but forgot to turn
>something else back on...  fixed for version 6.11 (probably coming in
>a week).

Thanks for confirming that - the lack of any comment about it here had me
beginning to think that I was the only one seeing this... last thing I need
is another one of those problems that nobody else has!

73, VR97BrettGraham