[TRLog] VGA mode

Subject: [TRLog] VGA mode
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth Earl Harker)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:26:42 -0500 (CDT)
   I know this is probably a no-brainer, but I'm setting up TR with a
VGA monitor for the first time, and I don't see this particular problem
mentioned in the manual I have.

   When I set VGA DISPLAY = TRUE, I get exactly the same information as I
do on the screen when VGA DISPLAY = FALSE, just bunched up in the top
half of the screen with the bottom half of the screen a solid aqua color.

   I've tried putting the VGA DISPLAY = TRUE statement in all sorts of
different places in the LOGCFG.DAT file - before setting the display mode to
color, after setting the display mode to color, before setting the bandmap on,
after setting the bandmap on, etc.  There does not appear to be any command to
specifically tell TR how many lines the (standard 640x480x256 VGA) screen
supports (at least in TR 5.99, the most recent manual I have handy.)  I can't
remember what version of TR it is exactly (it's up in the club station) but
I think it's like 6.03 or something.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page