[TRLog] VGA mode

Subject: [TRLog] VGA mode
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth Earl Harker)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:10:45 -0500 (CDT)
Thus spoke Chad Kurszewski  WE9V:

> VGA = TRUE does indeed put all the stuff from the normal screen
> to the top half of the VGA screen.  The bottom half is then used
> for the bandmap or dupe sheet.
>
> That is proper operation.

   D'oh!  I've never actually seen the bandmap before (all previous contest
logging has been done with monochrome or CGA monitors, just recently had
a club member donate a VGA monitor for our station) and of course there are no
screen shots in the manual I have :-) so I guess I was just wasn't thinking
about where it went.  And actually, now that I think about it, I'm not even
really sure what the bandmap does, frankly, but I guess we'll find out in the
contest, hi!

> What, specifically, are you having a problem with?

  Well, I kind of expected the program to start up and occupy the whole screen,
which threw me off is all.

> Trying to help,

   Tnx!  Live and learn I guess.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page