[TRLog] Hmmmmm

Subject: [TRLog] Hmmmmm
From: gbaron@sparc.isl.net (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 12:13:16 -0600
James B Lawrence wrote:

> I have no faith in e-mailing logs to the ARRL or their ability to receive
> them correctly.  I have also read the instructions they have on there web
> pages.  Their in instructions are not specific enough  for me.   The
> instructions are specific enough for me to understand they want an ascii
> file in their format.  I am not a software expert nor do I claim any
> advanced knowledge of the internet.  But, I do know that even if you
> attempt to send the e-mail in ascii format it will encoded, compressed,
> etc., etc.

Not true, if you send text it will not be encoded, that would be a waste
and except in the worst programs it is not done. Furthermore, if you
want to be certain it is ascii and not encoded, then send it as part of
the message text, not as an attachment.

If you do send it encoded the the decode will recover it and it will
still be an ascii file.

The problem lies elswhere.

> Until the ARRL gets  there act together they get my logs on paper.
>
> 73
>
> Jim W7CT
>
> On Fri, 19 Dec 1997 10:37:05 -0600 (CST) jfunk@adams.net (jim funk)
> writes:
> >After a couple of weeks, I'm spooked.  Resent the SS and 160 logs to
> >ARRL.
> >Will keep y'all informed.  MIME attachments, Eudora Lite, TR 6.15 Post
> >ARRL
> >formatted.
> >
> >73, Jim N9JF
> >

> >--