[TRLog] 3 bugs and ways to make entry slick.

Subject: [TRLog] 3 bugs and ways to make entry slick.
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 06:41:21 -0800 (PST)
> Boy, you got that right.  My favorite error sequence is:
>
> (having failed to switch to CQ mode, but needing to make an S&P QSO)
>
> 1.  Enter call-sign in call window.  Hit <enter>.
> 2.  TR begins sending CQ Exchange
> 3.  Hit <esc> to stop CW
> 4.  Hit <Tab> to switch to S&P mode
> 5.  Hit <enter> to try to send my call (with cursor still in Exchange window)
> 6.  Dissolve in total confusion.
>
> Even if I hadn't been having a bad brain day last Saturday, this is still a
> sequence that happens to me more than it should.  Would there be any
> utility in having the program respond to the Tab key (when in CQ mode) by
> returning to S&P mode, emptying the call-sign window, and returning the
> cursor to the call-sign wondow (i.e. resetting all the way to the beginning
> of the S&P sequence)?
>
> At least that way I could just hit the space-bar to redump my call.  Or
> would that screw up other things?

How about this as a solution?  Disable the TAB key in the sprint.

Here is the way ole Bert uses the program - maybe this might make
sense to you and you can try it next time...  Instead of hitting
the TAB key to initiate a QSO in the S&P mode, use the SPACE BAR
with nothing in the call window.  This does mean you need to get
used to looking at the visible dupesheet to determine if the guy
you are about to call is a dupe or not.

While the program is busy sending your call, you can type in the
call of the guy in the call window and then press Alt-Z to get
all set to receive his exchange.

This "short cut" totally eliminates the being in the wrong mode
problem.

Tree