[TRLog] Recent problems

Subject: [TRLog] Recent problems
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:27:41 -0600 (CST)
Paul Erickson writes:

>While I have used TRlog without difficulty in a number of situations,
>during the last 160mtr contest we encountered the same problem.
>The setup involved a Toshiba portable and an Omni VI. I strongly
>suspect that our problem was rfi interfearing with the rig control
>line. Since it was a temporary setup, I didn't have the oppertunity
>to track down a fix, but I would think the addition of some of the
>usual rfi precautions would be the place to start.
>
>cheers, Paul
>VE7CQK
>email: paul1@wizard.ucs.sfu.ca

You don't say in your message if this was the first time
that you used TR-Log with the Omni VI - there is a known
problem with the Omni VI and TR-Log..  But the fix is easy.

In the menu on the Omni VI there is a setting called "Cde"

Set it to off - this seems to solve the NONCW or NONSSB problems.

--

George Fremin III          "You give me a $10,000 custom guitar
Austin, Texas                and Chet Atkins a $200 discount