(Fwd) Re: [TRLog] When Is The SPAM Going To Stop?

Subject: (Fwd) Re: [TRLog] When Is The SPAM Going To Stop?
From: lrod@pobox.com (lrod@pobox.com)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 00:27:48 +0000
The problem has started already. I think I subscribed originally as
n4si@pobox.com. I have since changed my mailer to show lrod@pobox.com as the
source address for a variety of reasons. Below are my cogent comments and lucid
reasons to leave things alone. They apparently did not make the list due to
the aforementioned change. I now have to change my mailer back to get this out.

Date:          Wed, 22 Apr 1998 18:19:16

> Now that Newsline has gotten its mailing list problems sorted out, the
> only source of SPAM for me is the TRLOG Reflector.  When is this going
> to be stopped?  Or is this the price we have to pay for participating in
> this reflector?

Wait a minute. How "bad" is this problem? Since March 13 (when my new computer
went on line) I have only received 3 or 4 spam messages through the reflector.
I think I can handle one a week. I don't like it, but anyone who thinks the
'net is going to remain spam-free hasn't been getting USPS service for the last
several years.

I would much prefer that Tree expend his energies in response to our
occassionally quirky TRLog requests than have to spend time comparing addys
before posting messages.

73, Rod N4SI
     The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
      (c) 4 November, 1996