[TRLog] USB and cards

Subject: [TRLog] USB and cards
From: jfeustle@uoft02.utoledo.edu (jfeustle)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:33:33 -0400
The only thing I've run across that could be connected to the USB of my now
aging Compaq was the new Microsoft keyboard that I bought for it. USB has
been described in terms much like SCSI connections only you are not limited
to seven or eight that you can daisy chain together. Unless I'm wrong or
missed something in NinfoWorld, USB will probably be of little help for
adding serial ports. It's gotten lukewarm real support--as opposed to
enthusiastic "promised" support--from many vendors. I got my multi-port
card from Radio Shack and it has worked flawlessly ever since I configured
and installed it. I also had to make some changes in the BIOS setup for my
computer as it set COMM 1 and 2 to odd addresses. Now, to get old "fat
fingers" to perform flawlessly.

73,

Joe, N8JF