[TRLog] Need help with Keying/PTT/Paddle interface

Subject: [TRLog] Need help with Keying/PTT/Paddle interface
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers, AA4GA)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:07:25 +0000
Hello there...

We have built two interface boxes that have Keying/PTT/Paddle
interfaces.  I built one a couple of years ago and W4WA built one
recently (in other words, they're not using parts from the same Radio
Shack blister pack).

We are using them (well, trying to) with an FT-990, an FT-1000, and
an interlock box Ron built that keeps both rigs from transmitting at
the same time and enables sharing an antenna/amplifier.

Both interfaces work fine with the 990, but not with the 1000 or the
interlock.  When trying to key either of these, the PTT will work,
but the CW won't send.  If we disconnect the PTT line (physically,
not in the program), the CW sends OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lee