[TRLog] BERU Contest

Subject: [TRLog] BERU Contest
From: rtnash@netcom.ca (Robert Nash)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 02:34:15 -0500
Hi Todd

I had a run at BERU configuration last year. I edited the CTY.DAT file to
produce the list of countries including VE1, VE2, VK1, VK2 etc. Lots of
simple copy, paste and edit! Be very careful using the special CTY.DAT file.
Don't inadvertantly destroy the original! After playing with .DOM files
lately, I'm not sure whether that's the best way to go but it works up to a
point, the POINTS being that point! I didn't do anything to get the 20
points for the first three contacts in each area. I just made up a manual
cross-check sheet (hearesy!) on EXCEL to use as I went along.

I have been playing with solutions involving a BERU.DOM file. If anything
comes of it I'll post it. Here is the skeleton of the CFG file I used last
year. The visible dupesheet helps keep track of how many ZL1's you have
worked on that band, etc. If you don't use the bandmap, setting the
dupesheet to columns would be even better. The QSO point method used takes
care of CW. Ignore the phone part.

MY CALL = VE5XXX
CONTEST = ARRL DX
DX MULTIPLIER = ARRL DXCC
EXCHANGE RECEIVED = RST QSO NUMBER AND POSSIBLE DOMESTIC QTH
CONTEST NAME = COMMONWEALTH CONTEST
QSO POINT METHOD = THREE PHONE FIVE CW
VISIBLE DUPESHEET = TRUE

If anyone wants the special CTY.DAT file let me know and I'll send it to
you. Todd, see you next weekend!

73 Bob VE3KZ
ve3kz@rac.ca