[TRLog] Re: out of memory warning

Subject: [TRLog] Re: out of memory warning
From: w9wi@bellsouth.net (Doug Smith)
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 12:13:38 +0000
>         With not even 400 Qs in the log, I noticed that the memory indicator
> in the
> upper right was way low... like 1700. And dropping by big chunks with every Q.
> At about 600 or so,  a warning message came on. It said ' insufficient memory
> to generate remaining multiplier list'. I thougt that was odd as during the

I have found that even relatively inoucous (sp?) TSRs can cause strange
memory problems & other stuff.  (like control characters appearing in
the call window when you try to make a correction)

I have two sets of AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files, and a pair of
batch files TOWIN.BAT and TOTR.BAT which swap the right ones into
place.  All the TR versions do is set the PATH and PROMPT.  (I even have
a little 6-byte .COM file that runs at the end of each .BAT to reboot
the machine & make the changes take effect...)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66