No subject

Subject: No subject
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:40:53 -0800 (PST)
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 22:18:44 -0600
From: WA8GHZ <jdougher@wt.net>
To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Win98 Directories Help

New to Win98, so here's some rookie questions for help, pse:
Manual (new) says to put TR in own directory and put each contest in its
own directory, and that I should put TR .exe directory in autoexec.bat
PATH statement so it can find itself.
Ooops - can't find an autoexec.bat in this newfangled Win98 to enter the
PATH command, even when restarting in DOS mode.  So, how to do the
equivalent PATH statement in Win98?

Here's the directories I'm trying to get set up:
    Program .exe and others:   c:\myfiles\ham\software\logging\tr
    Contest log and config.dat:
c:\myfiles\ham\software\contests\M99DXSSB  (for example)

So, how should I tell Win98/DOS in the M999DXSSB subdirectory to look in
TR directory for the .exe and other support files if there's no PATH
equivalent in the newfangled Win98 or even its DOS start shell???
How do you folks setup tr for win98? Anyone use a Shortcut rather than a
straight DOS start (I would like to keep a Telnet link open to a DX
cluster running in the background also, if possible as second priority -
works ok in eqf...)
Tu
WA8GHZ  /5  /Jack  /Houston