[TRLog] Russian DX Contest - experiences with 6.38

Subject: [TRLog] Russian DX Contest - experiences with 6.38
From: dl2zav@qsl.net (Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:20:58 +0100
Installed 6.38 and tested it with some QSOs in RA DX test, worked fine.

ESCAPE EXITS SEARCH AND POUNCE = FALSE  -  fine thing, thank you very
much, Tree!

LEADING ZERO CHARACTER = -   and   SHORT 0 = -   sounds nice, thank you!
(first one not yet accessible via ctl-J, but OK in logcfg.dat, ALT-P O A
accepts it)
Some stations were a bit irritated by long DAHs coming from an
electronic keyer...

Used config by ve3kz, thank you Bob!
>ve3kz wrote:
>By the way, used the mods to the CFG file I mentioned in an earlier
e-mail
>to get 10 points for UA2& UA8,9,0. Just had to add the UA, UA2 and UA9
>country multipliers on the three bands I operated to get the final
score.

>> What I don't know how to do is make the double multiplier kick in.

Well, I tried to have it POST do it for me by some tricks. First I added
ADD DOMESTIC COUNTRY = CLEAR after the other add... commands and ran
POST L M to get ALL country multipliers, i. e. add UA, UA9, UA2 per
band. Then I erased the line added again and ran POST L M again to have
it re-enter the Oblast mults (which were overwritten by the countries in
the first turn). Hope POST did count correctly.

> My only problem is getting a message
>saying that this contest is "not supported by TRLog" when trying to run
off
>a summary sheet. Am I doing something wrong?

Same here. Changed config file to CONTEST = IARU, created summary, added
number of Oblasts from last line of LAllBoth.dat and calculated final
score by hand (i. e. calc.exe).
>73 Bob VE3KZ
>ve3kz@rac.ca

I noticed that after only about 100 QSOs Super Check Partial was
disabled, probably due to lack of memory. Is that due to the many
possible mults (DXCC + Oblasts * 6 bands) or is my trmaster.dta too big?
Or could the reason be some other misconfiguration? I ran pure DOS 7
with almost nothing but smartdrv. At program start about 110.000 free,
about 36.000 after 130 QSOs with no more SCP working.

--
73, Udo
dl2zav@online.de   dl2zav@qsl.net