[TRLog] Parallel keying and cntl

Subject: [TRLog] Parallel keying and cntl
From: punkymcd@pacbell.net (punkymcd@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 19:01:18 -0700
Parallel keying:

TRlog Version 6.38, Kenwood TS850, Compaq 1235 Pentium
166 laptop and a MIT (Made in Taiwan) Pentium 166.

Windows 95 on the 166 and 98 on the laptop.

Keying:

I'm having trouble (mentally) with the logic of strobe (pin 1) and
pin 17 on both computers. There is 5V between pin 1 and 17 when not
keying. Logically, to me anyway, this would turn on (key the xmtr)
both a PNP transistor or the 4N35 Opto Isolator when not keying. When
it is keying this level goes from 5V (for keyup) and to 0V for key
down.

It's as if both computers had their logic upside down. The same thing
is happening to the logic outputs of pins 2, 7, 8 and 9 used in
band/antenna switching.

Is there a setting in TR to correct this or have I missed the boat
entirely?

73, Don, W6OA