[TRLog] Packet Interface

Subject: [TRLog] Packet Interface
From: macamerlin@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (Marc Camerlin (K1TS))
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 22:06:37 -0400
Hello all,

I have a question about the packetcluster and the band map. When I connect
to the local cluster, the DX spots appear to transfer to the band map
properly. If I have the packet window up, the bandmap gets updated when I
close the window.

 However, if I disconnect (or get disconnected), the spots stop going to the
bandmap even though I can see them on the packet window (CNTRL-B).    What
am I missing?  I would like to have the band map update if data is coming
into the packet port (whether or not I am connected to the node)...  Make
sense?  Getting disconnected during a contest unfortunately happens and I'd
rather not have to keep an eye on the connect light on the TNC.  Is there a
parameter I can change to make the packet port talk to the bandmap even if
not connected to the cluster???

Thanks and Good Luck this weekend!

Marc
K1TS