[TRLog] Log editing and conversation to Windows

Subject: [TRLog] Log editing and conversation to Windows
From: fullgraf@kcc.com (Fullgraf, Chuck)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:31:43 -0600
Being able to edit the log during the contest may be a nice feature, but I
do just fine without it. If I find an error, I add a note to remind me to
fix the problem and move on. It wastes time to correct mistakes. I'm working
at making my log error free the first time!

I get more frustrated when you miss-type a call, back space to correct it
and the dupe check feature does not "see" or ignores the correction. Hitting
escape avoids this problem, but I don't always remember what the whole call
sign was or I have stuff typed in the exchange window.

I don't know about the programming aspects peculiar to DOS and Windows, and
I don't really care, but Windows is not reliable enough for logging program.
It crashes too much for no good reasons. Also, having to take your hands off
the keyboard to use pointing devices wastes time. Once the key strokes are
learned, one can fly from option to option. not so as you drag the mouse
hither and yon, travelling through multiple layers of dungeons--I mean pull
down menus.

Chuck, KE4OAR