[TRLog] Very Pleased

Subject: [TRLog] Very Pleased
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 9 Nov 1999 03:16:18 -0000
> Can't you exit TR Log, use an editor to correct the log, delete the
> RESTART.BIN file, restart TR Log, and then have the mult and QSO status
> corrected?

Deleting the RESTART.BIN file is not necessary.  If you start TR
and the time/date stamp of the log file is after the time/date
stamp of the RESTART file (indicating that the log file has been
edited), the program will discard the RESTART file and load in
the log file.

I don't suggest that anyone keep an editor (or any other program)
running with the log file in it while using the program.  Hopefully,
it will just crash, but worst case is you can lose a bunch of data
that way (assuming you do a save from the editor and overwrite the
log file).

Believe me - if it was a reasonable task to edit ASCII files and do
updates while the program is up, I would have done it years ago.  The
reason has to do with choosing to have an ASCII log file instead
of a binary file.  It has some advantages - and the one big disadvantage
is giving up on the editing.

Tree