[TRLog] TR and LOGic5

Subject: [TRLog] TR and LOGic5
From: Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:57:15 -0500
Hi list

I am evaluating LOGic5 and am impressed with its capabilities,
particularly its synergy with TRX manager.

The prog. purports to import TR files, but I find that it
requires the actual  contest type to be specified, of which
there are only a few. I have imported a CQ WW format log without
difficulty, but e.g. GENERAL QSO results in an error message,
and many others are not supported.

Seeing that ADIF is supported I thought that worth checking, but
when I tried to convert GENERAL QSO to ADIF in Logconv, it
bombed. Once again CQ WW was successful, but this is a small,
part of the requirement.

I don't require anything fancy from a TR import, simply the raw
QSO ( call, date, time, band, mode) but I just can't seem to
manage this for anything apart from the major contest formats.

I presently import to my current logging prog. ( Stationmaster)
by employing some witchcraft with Quattro Pro and  Paradox, but
would like a simpler life!

Advice appreciated.

73

Clive