[TRLog] no, dammit, I said abort!

Subject: [TRLog] no, dammit, I said abort!
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:52:15 EST
In a message dated 11/29/1999 2:22:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, k4xu@arrl.net
writes:

>  New version has a will of its own.

I will second that.
At my setup, it kept switching to noncw mode on and off, frequently switched
to CQ mode instead of answering the caller, so I send my call in reply to the
calling station (I almost smashed the stupid keyboard few times) - solicited
few LID comments. It quit on me (froze) few times, had to restart the
computer, glad I had regular paddle to send AS.
Never had those problems with previous versions, same setup, same everything.
I guess I should be more conservative with "upgrading", wait untill others
will find the bugs. (I was using IC 781, 3 upgrades back it was running
smooth, without single hickup.)
Another problems is to send CW with paddle via computer with delayed sending
after PTT pickup, while trying to listen to rigs monitor. Delay screws up the
coordination finger - ear. Should either eliminate delay PTT - Send or feed
the computer audio to headphones.
Back to old version.

Yuri, VC1A (K3BU@VE1ZZ)