[TRLog] Bug update

Subject: [TRLog] Bug update
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 22:13:58 +0000
At 08:34 PM 12/1/99 -0000, Charles Fulp wrote:

>>What exactly are the ICOM Frequency Errors?
>

>I might as well chime in.  I saw some of those NON ..something loggings for
>mode, and got 0 points
>until I edited them.  I thought perhaps I forgot to set the NO POLL WHEN PTT
>or something..
>I have an IC781, and notice while transmitting I get funny band/mode
>readings but never had a
>logging problem before SS...forget which mode, but I think it was SSB.  Took
>2 minutes to
>edit the log and rerun it, so didn't consider it a serious problem.

OK, and here I come to confuse things.  During SS, I had some weird things
happen, including watching the NONSSB mode come and go again transiently
(staying for just a second), coupled with the QSO and MULT display changing
from the full 6-band display to just the totals and back again.  It only
happened on 40 meters, and I had indications of RF in the shack, so I just
put it down to that.  I did some jumper fixing and so on, and was watching
for it in CQWWCW, and did not see either phenomenon in 2600 QSOs.

Oh, here's the confusing part - my radio is a Kenwood TS-930 with the PIEXX
board, runnig TS850 as the radio type.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Sometimes a tower is just a tower