[TRLog] Bug update

Subject: [TRLog] Bug update
From: kl7ra@ptialaska.net (kl7ra)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 08:47:35 -0900
The Icom problem is not RFI as I saw it on two 781 radios with
the "don't poll" feature on. Unlike Chas, I had a little more problem
then just editing the log. I had to wait until the radio was polled
again to switch back to cw and be able to send. I had several
different "bad" reads. The NON mode and SSB as well as the
score goes to left edge and the mults needed go to VHF/UHF
table of some sort, maybe fieldday.

To help troubleshoot this I tried several things one being changing
the radio baud rate to different values. I also couldn't convince myself
that it was some sequence I had performed that would be repeatable.
But it didn't seem random either.

I also had to turn off the "auto s/p when tuning" as it would pop me into
s/p mode while I was running.

I do not see a delay here after hitting the enter key to log a Q except
when I have the simulator on.

While my CQ machine drones away without answers during the ARRL 160
I will have time to see if I can find a better clue for Tree to work with.
As you all know I think the prize if you find the winning clue for the
solution is
a new Icom radio. I hope I win.

73 Rich  KL7RA