[TRLog] Fw: [CQ-Contest] Sleep Deprivation Summary

Subject: [TRLog] Fw: [CQ-Contest] Sleep Deprivation Summary
From: n4wyr@hotmail.com (Ron Thomas)
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 09:39:00 EST
I had seen this quote somewhere before on a "how to contest" web page.  As a
diabetic, I know the importance of maintaining good blood glucose levels.
I'm not familiar with the units given here, but a normal level is 100 mg
glucose / 1 deciliter blood +- 20.  I think that is probably equivalent to
the figures listed below.  In non-diabetics with otherwise normal glucose
metabolism, you aren't going to deviate much from this, unless you are glued
to your chair for the entire contest period, and are living on candy bars.

So, in brief, try to eat some balanced meals, and get up and stretch your
legs once in a while.  For those who show the symptoms mentioned, maybe you
ought to go to a doctor and get checked if you have any reason to suspect
glucose levels as the cause of your mood swings.  Diabetes is a killer
disease, which can sneak up on you.  My doctor estimates that I have had it
for 4 or 5 years before being diagnosed.

Ron N4WYR
Reputation comes from what others see us do.
Character is what we do when no one is looking.