[TRLog] The changing radius of Earth

Subject: [TRLog] The changing radius of Earth
From: W4EF@pacbell.net (Michael Tope)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:08:52 -0800
Mark,

I understand that there are still some flat-earthers out there.
Tree has set up the program so they can set the earth radius to
infinity by typing in RADIUS OF EARTH = 1/0. When operating in
this configuration with the more modern rigs (FT1000MP, TS950,
etc), horizon effects like skip zone, grayline, and MUF are
totally eliminated. This is how many of the top ten operators
are cheating fate. Change this parameter and you should see your
scores improve dramatically.

P.S. On a more serious note, I bet this effects the output of
the grid square distance calculator used in contests like Stew
Perry.