[TRLog] TR vs. CT features (a wish)

Subject: [TRLog] TR vs. CT features (a wish)
From: LRod@pobox.com (LRod@pobox.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:21:16 -0000

me, for instance, would be arranging the

> multiplier list (for domestic contests) in columns by call area instead of in

> straight alphabetical order.  For me, at least, processing the info that way

> is about 10 times more intuitive than searching a straight alphabetical list

> of abbreviations.

</italic></color>I solved this a couple of years ago for my operations. Not
exactly what you're
suggesting, but a good alternative. I modified all of my .DOM files so that on
screen the mult list approximates a geographical map. All the mults are in
their
approximate correct location. I find that easier than the columns of 1's,
columns
of 2's, etc.

The principle behind it is this: TR <italic>reads</italic> the .DOM file as a
sequential file and
displays it on screen. There is no mapping involved at all. However, Tree has
cleverly implemented a couple of features that allow you to play with the .DOM
files to affect how the mults are displayed, namely  to have the remaining
mults
display highlighted instead of being erased, and the ability to set the subdue
color of the worked mults to the same as the background, thus rendering them
invisible.

The net result is when you work the YUK section, it disappears from the screen,
but is really still in place, so none of the other mults move. Having modified
your .DOM file so that the mults display where you want them, your map
remains intact.

I haven't played with the files since after NL was introduced (it's included)
so I
think I only need to add WFL, correct? Or did I miss one? But if you want a
copy of the modified files, let me know.

<nofill>
73, Rod K4QG     |  It's pronounced
                          |  "jig-a-byte"
                          |  Look it up.